Linksys is an American firm providing data networking hardware products mostly to small businesses and house users. Its products contain wireless and wired routers, Ethernet switches, VoIP equipment, audio-visual products, wireless internet video cameras, and network storage systems. It was founded in 1988 by Janie Tsao and Victor Tsao, both Taiwanese immigrants to the United States. Linksys is a well-known and renowned name in the networking industry.
Despite having amazing features and functions, it can discontinue working due to any major or minor bug or error when not handled carefully. Though Linksys routers are very reliable to utilize, technical errors in an electronic device are common. If the user’s router is creating any trouble, go through this article for troubleshooting steps.
How to Setup a Linksys Router >> Linksys Router Setup
Linksys routers are popular for getting Wi-Fi everywhere in the workplace or at home. The modem provides a wired internet connection to the router, converting it into Wi-Fi signals. When the Linksys router setup is completed, you will have uninterrupted Internet on WiFi-supported devices. Do you know how to setup a Linksys router? If not, no worries. Just follow this guide to set up Linksys router.
Before you set up Linksys router, you need the following things:
- A Linksys router
- A web browser
- A laptop or computer
- An active network connection
- A network cable
How to Setup Linksys wireless router?
If you want to set up Linksys router without any hindrance or delay, you can get assistance from this guide. Here, we have discussed some guidelines that may assist the users in solving the issue related to Linksys setup pages. Then, the users can access the Linksys router setup page by performing the process provided below.
- Firstly, users need to ensure their modem gets connected to the internet.
- Now, you must connect the modem with Linksys wireless router utilizing the Ethernet cable
- Now, ensure that the modem is connected to the internet (WAN port) of the Linksys router.
- Now, you have to configure Linksys routers. After that, connect the router to your device utilizing the Ethernet cable.
- Now, search for the default gateway, launch CMD (command prompt) and enter “config and just drag” the cursor looks for the default gateway; the users will view a default gateway.Ensure the router’s first port is linked to the device utilizing the Ethernet cable.
- Usually, the Linksys wireless router default gateway is 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 view if that launches the Linksys router setup page.
- Launch your web browser on your device like internet explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox, etc., and enter the default gateway at the very top of the browser ‘192.168.1.1’ and tap on the Enter button.
- The users have to provide the password and username. They need to use these combinations: Username = admin and password = password. If the mentioned username and password didn’t work, then you can use this: Username = admin and password = admin.
The above procedure is very simple for the consumers who are trying to connect their Linksys router for the first time. The users need to follow this setup Linksys router process carefully. By doing so, they can easily setup Linksys routers without searching for solutions online.
How to Setup Linksys Router via Linksys Smart WiFi Setup >> Linksys Wireless Routers Setup
Linksys wireless routers setup is pretty easy with the help of Linksys smart WiFi setup. The Linksys smart WiFi setup wizard can be accessed via a suitable web browser. The wizard is embedded in the firmware and can be accessed even if there is no Internet connection, or the router has default settings. If you do not know how to setup Linksys router, this section is for you. For Linksys wireless router setup, use the following steps:
- If the router has external antennas, the first step for Linksys wireless router setup is to attach them to the Linksys smart WiFi router.
- Turn on the Linksys router by plugging it into an electrical outlet
- From the router, connect your Ethernet cable to the modem
- Connect the laptop or computer to power and make a connection to a suitable Internet connection
- Open a web browser
- In the address bar, enter linksyssmartwifi.com to open the Linksys smart Wifi setup wizard
- Hit on ‘Next’
- Then, choose if you want to update Linksys router automatically or nor
- Hit ‘Next’
- Enter WiFi name and password you want
- Hit ‘Next’
- You will see a message, ‘Your router is set up!’
- Click on ‘Next’ to finish Linksys wifi setup
How to Setup Linksys router without CD?
If the users lost the setup CD or their device has no CD drive, they can still install the Linksys WiFi router through Linksys connect setup software. To do this, the users have to connect their device first to a network directly to the modem or active internet connection. This Linksys setup process will help you to set up your Linksys router without using the CD. We recommend you to try these techniques first before giving help from any Linksys support number.
- Visit the official Linksys website and locate the search field.
- After locating the search field, enter the product’s model number & tap on the search button.
- Now, press the “firmware/download” button.
- Choose the “hardware version” of your device.
- After locating the setup software for the device, tap on the “download” button.
- If the users see the “end user license agreement” window on the screen, then they have to press the “agree” option.
- Now, you have to save the setup software & choose a location on the device for saving the file. It is suggested that the users save the file to the desktop of their computer.
- After doing so, double-press on the Linksys router connect setup file that the users have downloaded.
- After that, read the license information and terms by clicking on the license terms link.
- Doing so, check once done and tap the next button.
- From the next setup screen, perform guidelines 1 and 2. If the internet connection is via satellite, fiber optic, or T1 that does not have the modem, then link the existing cable to the yellow internet port of the Linksys router. Press the Next option. Now, Linksys connect will begin configuring the network. Don’t close this tab.
- The setup procedure will automatically produce a unique password and SSID (router name) for the network. The users can modify this detail by editing the automatically created password and router name (SSID) for their WiFi network. Press the Next button once done.
- The setup will automatically recognize the type of internet connection. For example, suppose the setup software identifies that the users are utilizing a DSL connection. In that case, a window will display to let them enter their user account information in the necessary fields. After doing so, tap on the Next button.
- The Linksys router setup will finalize the settings and try to establish the internet connection. If the installation freezes or Linksys router set up fails in the middle of the procedure, the users may require doing Linksys troubleshooting steps to resolve it.
- After doing all these instructions, the users will view a confirmation screen. Now, press the “Ok” button to continue.
- The users will be forwarded to the main Linksys connect screen. This screen includes options that permit users to personalize and manage their network settings.
- When the users have set up Linksys router and previously configured their wireless security settings such as password and router name (SSID), they are ready to connect their wireless devices and computers to the network.
Linksys Support Numbers – Official
To ease the search for official Linksys routers support numbers and other contact options, we have given all the contact details here. You can use any of the Linksys routers support options and get in touch with the experts. However, the Linksys customer support numbers and other contact options mentioned here are results of the resources available on the internet. In case these Linksys contact options are changed by the OEMs or the manufacturer, and if you are unable to use these given contact details, we are not accountable for this. Therefore, we suggest you have a thorough check over these Linksys tech support numbers and other contact options mentioned here by yourself and then use them.
|Linksys Router Tech Support Number||(949) 270-8500|
|Linksys Router Support Number UK||02 030 274 625|
|Linksys Technical Support Number Canada||(877) 855-6899|
|Linksys Live Chat Support||Linksys Official Chat Support|
|Linksys Technical Support Number USA||800-326-7114|
How to Login to Linksys router >> Linksys WiFi Setup
Consumers who do not know how to login to Linksys router interface can follow the steps given in this section. However, the process provided below is easy to implement if you follow the instructions very carefully.
- You have to connect your device to the network; make sure the Linksys router is on.
- Now, open your web browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. This should connect your device to the router.
- Now, enter the username into the given field. If the users have not changed the username from the factory default, then leave it blank.
- After that, enter the password into the provided field. For example, if the users have not modified the password from the factory defaults, then enter “admin” into the given field.
- At last, click on the “Login” button.
If you do not know how to log onto Linksys router, you can do these steps without any issue. However, if the users face any issue while applying the above method, they can get Linksys help by contacting the official Linksys customer support.
How to Install Linksys wireless router to the network >> Linksys Help
After performing the techniques of how to log onto Linksys router, we hope that the users have installed the Linksys wireless router successfully.
- First, you need to power off the modem and device.
- Now, insert one end of the Ethernet cable into the yellow part of the router.
- Now, insert another end of the Ethernet cable into the modem.
- In the next step, take the other Ethernet cable and connect one end to the modem and another end to your device.
- When you connect them accurately, you have to power on their PC, router, and modem.
- After this, you have to wait for some time until the router lights turn green.
How to Configure Linksys routers >> Linksys Routers Configuration Help
You can easily figure out how to configure Linksys routers through this method. However, the process of configuring Linksys routers is not an easy task. But, if the users follow this section very carefully, they can easily configure and set up Linksys router without any hindrance. Use the following steps for configuring Linksys routers.
- Firstly, you require accessing the browser-based utility by launching your web browser
- For Linksys routers configuration, type 192.168.1.1 IP into the address bar.
- After displaying Linksys setup pages, enter “admin” in the password field or the value the users have set it to. After doing so, press the “log in” button.
- Now, the users require accessing the configuration window on the screen and tap on the “WiFi” section.
- After doing so, you have to access the “WiFi settings.”
- Now, locate the password field and change its value for one of your linking.
- In this section, the users may also change the other settings, including channel, bandwidth, network mode and security mode, and WiFi name.
- After editing the password or other settings that the users wanted to modify, click the save option for saving all the modifications.
The users can obtain more details regarding the configuration Linksys router by using the steps mentioned above. In addition, the process will assist users in solving Linksys routers problems.
How to Reset Linksys Router >> Linksys Routers Reset Help
You must know how to reset Linksys router to revert the settings to factory defaults. It means that all customized settings like wireless security and WiFi name will be deleted. Linksys routers reset can be achieved by using two methods, namely, manual reset and software reset. Use the following steps for resetting Linksys routers via manual reset:
- Find the reset button on the router and hold it for 10 seconds using a paper clip/pen
- For some models like Wireless-G and Wireless-B, hold the button for 30 seconds.
- The power light must flash or blink to indicate that the router is resetting.
- Disconnect the router from power for 30 seconds. Reconnect it and wait till the Power light turns solid.
Use the following steps for resetting Linksys routers via software reset:
- Open the browser and enter 168.1.1 in the URL bar
- Input administrator credentials to sign in
- Go to the ‘Administrator’ tab
- Hit ‘Factory Defaults’
- Hit the ‘Restore Factory Defaults’ button
All about Resetting Linksys Extender >> Linksys WiFi Extender Help
Resetting Linksys extender is going to restore it to factory defaults. It needs to be done when you experience the following issues:
- Experience intermittent connections when using the Linksys WiFi Extender
- Installing Linksys router extender manually
- Cannot access the setup page online of the range extender
- After a power cycle, the extender light does not blink or solid
You can backup the configuration settings of the device so that you don’t have to go through the configuration procedure again. Use the following steps to reset the Linksys extender:
- Open the browser and enter the IP address of the range extender. 192.168.1.1 is the default address.
- Do not enter anything in the User name field
- Input ‘admin’ as Password and then hit ‘Login’
- Go to ‘Administration’ and then ‘Factory Defaults’
- Hit ‘Restore Factory Defaults’
- Remove the extender from power for 30 seconds. Connect it back in.
How to Change Linksys router Password?
When it comes to changing the Linksys router’s password, you can use several techniques. The issue of changing the Linksys router’s password is a bit hectic, but if the users perform the process provided below, then they can simply change their password without any delay.
- Launch the internet browser and visit the web-based setup page of Linksys.
- Once the users enter the login screen, they will be asked to give their sign in information.
- You are required to enter the login credentials such as username and password.
- After accessing the Linksys web setup page, choose the administrator window and visit the management section.
- After doing so, the users will be asked to give a new password.
- After providing the new password, confirm it.
- After filling in all the login details, click on the Save button and Exit.
How to Update Linksys Router >> Linksys Firmware Update Help
You need to update Linksys router to functionality enhancements and bug fixes. In addition, Linksys firmware updates are necessary as they resolve problems that you can experience while using the router. Linksys router update is available on the Linksys Support website and includes feature enhancements absent in the older versions. The router has both manual and automatic Linksys router updates. Use the following steps to get Linksys router firmware updates:
- Open the browser and input 168.1.1 in the URL bar
- Input login credentials
- Go to ‘Administrations’ and then ‘Firmware Upgrade’
- Hit ‘Browse’
- Select the Linksys router firmware update file and hit ‘Open’
- Hit ‘Start Upgrade’
- Hit ‘Continue’ when Linksys firmware updates have been installed
- Restart the router
Is your Linksys router not working >> Linksys Router Troubleshooting
These are some significant errors or issues encountered by the users while using the Linksys router. However, there is also an uncomplicated and common problem that may trouble the consumer. This Linksys routers troubleshooting guide has mentioned some most common issues or errors that you may face while using the Linksys router.
- The connection problems
- Help provided for the MAC filtering choice to secure the Linksys router.
- Automatically the Linksys router gets switched off.
- Router optimization services for smooth functioning.
- The Linksys router’s LED lights are not blinking.
- Issues encountered in resetting the password.
- An outdated version of router drivers.
- Support for firmware and software updates.
You need Linksys router troubleshooting as Linksys routers problems are common. It is mostly because of power outages. Power interruption can result in Linksys router not working. Follow these steps if you cannot access the Linksys router:
- Reboot the router. Unplug it from the power supply and ensure proper connection.
- Reset the router to factory default settings
- Use power cycling. Unplug the router from power and replug it after 30 seconds
- Use the default gateway for establishing the connection. Press Windows and R keys together. Enter ‘cmd’ and then ‘ipconfig’. The default gateway will be shown and put into the URL bar. Enter the login credentials.
Linksys Support from Us
Among all of these amazing products and gadgets, the most popular gadget of Linksys is its router. While the Linksys router continues to be the most notable product of Linksys, the router causes distinctive problems. For detecting these problems, this guide provides users with effective router help services. All users are not tech-savvy, and sometimes they are not aware of technical errors and glitches. You can read this article to resolve all your Linksys-related concerns. If you need extra assistance, you can also call the phone number mentioned on this web page. It will connect your call to an independent third-party Linksys support where representatives are always available to help Linksys users.